Kid Friendly Quinoa Salad
This was served during my daughter’s playschool potluck last week. It was so delicious and as a bonus my 2-year-old loved it. Score!
I had to have the recipe. The mother who made this emailed it to everyone in the class. We have been addicted ever since.
I bought all of the ingredients at my local Trader Joes. If you don’t have one around you, I’m sure any grocery store would have them in stock.
Please enjoy and feel free to tweak any of the ingredients. This really is a fool-proof salad!
- 4 cups of cooked quinoa (1 cup dry makes 4 cups cooked)
- chopped dried cranberries
- sliced cucumbers (I use the Persian type)
- cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered depending on your preference)
- roasted & salted pumpkin seeds (sunflower seeds would work too)
- 1 can of garbanzo beans
- chopped mint
- chopped cilantro
- chopped green onions
Mix everything together in a large bowl. Now for the dressing….
- 1 teaspoon of fresh garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- pinch of sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, garlic, vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Pour desired amount on Quinoa salad. I also like to squirt a little lemon for extra flavor at the end.